Sunday, January 18, 2009

Here I am again

Been a while since me last post thought id write one, since I cant seem to will myself to sleep...So after a couple months of miserably cold weather it finally decided to snow and leave some on the ground. I kinda noticed the difference between kids and adults is the willingness to stand to be in very cold weather, with numb hands and feet, to "play" in this stuff. I remember praying for it to snow (mostly so I wouldn't have to go to school) when I was younger and playing in it all afternoon, but I dont seem to want to do that so much anymore. With the stress of work and life and so on I just feel too tired....however just after it got dark I was a bit thirsty, and decided to head down to the garage to get me a beverage, I got me comfy jacket, gloves, and some shoes on and headed outside. On the way back from me garage I remembered a part of why I used to love snow...I stood there on the dark side of the garage looking across the wide open field out over the lake, lit up by the moon, and it wasn't but a little bit windy. I can see all of this snow falling,in contrast to darkness, and no matter how hard its falling its always really quite. like everything is moving but I have stopped, everything is coated in a white blanket and it feels like im in some other world, like nothing really matters, like the world is standing still in some way, for me to just look around for a few minutes...I guess that's what it feels like to be a kid. When life just stands still for a few minutes and gives you time to look at the things you see everyday but don't think much about till now.

No comments: