Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What clothes can do for you!?!?

so I'm feeling much better today, I decided to wear my dress clothes to work today, I figured it would do me a favor along the lines of my confidence....and it certainly helped....not as much as I had hoped but it did help. One thing I noticed is how many people actually know me, and consider me a friend. I usually don't dress real nice, just some cargo pants and a comfy shirt...but when I got all spiffied up in me dress clothes everyone had a much more desirable reaction to my being there. When I went to lunch today, I went to the grocery store first(were I used to work) and I saw my friend Travis...when he finally realised who I was, he acted like seeing me all fancied up made his day, he wanted to go to lunch with me, said I was really cheerin him up(I don't think hes gay), a few of the other people I worked with also said I looked pretty good....After I left there I headed to subway to get a sandwich and a couple cookies...and even the workers there commented on me being all dressed up....I don't really know any of them, I just eat there every once in a while, but they still noticed....while at work I made a $340 sale with little effort, something that is very difficult to do at this particular job, but the customer did seem to trust me more than they did when I was in my regular "work t-shirt" uniform....I wore the clothes I wore today knowing that all the other times I had worn them, I was in a high confidence state, I went to Indianapolis, IN and Manhattan, New York for being in the top 5 out of many who took various computer related tests...I was treated like the president of a big company while I was on those trips. I stayed in a very nice hotel went to the top of the tallest building in New York, met some cool people who treated me with respect....it was a good feeling that I had anchored to those clothes....I wonder what else I can anchor that feeling too?

No comments: